US LACROSSE: All registrants must have a valid US Lacrosse membership valid through June 1, 2020. This registration will redirect you to the US Lacrosse site first to obtain membership if necessary. If you have any issues with US Lacrosse membership, please email email@example.com-- this will not prevent your son from playing with us this spring. Cost is $30. This is a condition of our insurance provider and a requirement of participation in BVL.
TEAM ASSIGNMENTS: Parents will be notified of team placement, coaches, practice days and locations by Monday March 2nd. Practices will begin the week of March 9th.
TEAM FORMATION: Teams will be formed on the basis of GRADE with a AGE-BASED CUTOFF. Where possible, we will group players in the same grade on teams, provided that a player meets the June 1st birth date cutoff for that age division.
Beginning players are welcomed and encouraged to play with us. They will be assigned to teams appropriate for their experience level.
Parents should read these pages on our website for more details about how players are assigned to a specific team:
PRACTICES: Will begin the week of Monday March 9th. Teams may practice at Manhattan Middle School in Boulder, Dawson School in Lafayette, or other locations in Boulder.
Head coaches will determine practice days and location-- we cannot promise to assign players to a specific practice day or location. Most teams will practice twice per week-- some older teams may have a third weeknight practice as well.
GAME DATES: Home games are played at East Boulder Community Park and Manhattan Middle School in Boulder. All teams will travel for away games to locations including Denver, Fort Collins, Loveland, Broomfield, and Colorado Springs.
- Saturday April 4
- Saturday April 11
- Saturday April 18
- Sunday April 19
- Saturday April 25
- Saturday May 2
- Saturday May 9
- Saturday May 16
- Sunday May 17
- END OF SEASON: Saturday May 30 or Sunday May 31 (CYLA Championships for all teams, at Stenger Fields in Arvada). Teams will play on only one of these two dates.
NO GAMES or PRACTICES over BVSD Spring Break (March 23- 29) or Memorial Day weekend (May 23- 25).
GAME SCHEDULE: Game schedule will be released by the CYLA by Wednesday March 18th and emailed to parents at that time. Teams will be scheduled for 8 games total. Makeup games will not necessarily be scheduled in the event of games cancelled due to inclement weather.
UNIFORMS: We are entering a new 2 year uniform cycle. All players will receive a new uniform as part of the registration fee this spring.
Our uniforms are American-made, in Denver, Colorado by Stylax. Uniforms will be distributed directly to players at a practice in late March or early April, before the first game.
UNIFORM SIZING CHART : Click here to view: Stylax Sizing Chart
UNIFORM SIZING SESSIONS: We will host uniform sizing sessions on the following dates at the Sport Stable, 1 Superior Drive in Superior. You may bring your son to one of these sesssions to check or confirm that you have ordered the correct uniform size for him.
- Sunday January 19th: 445pm to 600pm
- Wednesday January 22nd: 600pm to 700pm
- Sunday January 26th: 445pm to 600pm
EQUIPMENT: Players must provide their own equipment. We have a very limited supply of equipment which may be available for loan to new players.
- Boys must have a boys lacrosse stick, helmet, gloves, shoulder and elbow pads, a cup, and a mouthguard.
- Hockey gear is acceptable for new players. Hockey helmets must have a 4 point strap and be NOCSAE approved. Hockey gloves are not recommended as they are too stiff for lacrosse use.
- We recommend Dick's Sporting Goods for lacrosse gear. See coupons for Dick's Sporting Goods on our website, and save the dates of February 22nd and 23rd for BVL Shop Days there. BVL members will save 20% on all in-store purchases then, not just on lacrosse gear.
- Click here for printable coupon: BVL Shop Days With Dick's Sporting Goods
COST : Boys registration fee is $375 and includes new uniform.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: New uniform, Colorado Youth Lacrosse Association (CYLA) league fees, CYLA Championship tournament fees, referee costs, practice field rental and maintenance, team & league equipment (goals, balls, clocks, goalie equipment, etc.), coaching expenses, and administrative costs.
WAIT-LISTED PLAYERS: Unpaid registrants will be wait-listed if payment is not received within 48 hours of registration. Team limits have been set for all age groups in the system- once an age group is full, players will be automatically wait-listed and may not be guaranteed placement on a team. We DO NOT RECOMMEND that you delay registration or payment as age groups will fill up.
BVL ONLINE APPAREL STORE: Order here today.... BVL TEAM STORE
This is the only way to pick up great looking BVL fan gear, including youth and adult sized hoodies, shooter shirts, sublimated t-shirts, and baseball caps. Orders will be shipped directly to you.
HEADWRAPZ: BVL Headwrapz are custom vinyl decals, optional for players to purchase and create a custom BVL helmet. Purchase one at http://headwrapz.com
BVL SELECT: Players who have been selected to U12, U13, and U15 BVL Select teams should NOT be registered here. Select team parents will receive a separate link for registration.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships are available to qualified families, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a confidential request.
DONATIONS: Please consider making a donation on the online registration form. 100% of our donations are used to fund scholarships for BVL players. Boulder Valley Lacrosse is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, so your donation is tax-deductible.
IMPORTANT DATES: Click here to view the full 2020 BVL Calendar
- Saturday February 22 and Sunday February 23: BVL Shop Days at Dick's Sporting Goods. Save 20% on all in-store purchases (not just lacrosse gear)!
- Monday March 2: Parents notified of team placement and practice days
- Monday March 9- Friday March 13: Practices start (short practices until Daylight Savings starts on March 10)
- Sunday March 15: BVL Field Day- clinics and scrimmages at East Boulder Community Park all day long.
- Monday March 23- Friday March 27: No practices due to BVSD Spring Break
- Saturday April 4: CYLA Opening Day
- Saturday May 30 and Sunday May 31: Spring season ends at CYLA Championships
- Monday June 8- Wednesday June 10: BVL Boys Lacrosse Camp at CU Boulder
QUESTIONS? Please check our FAQ page before contacting email@example.com
Base Cost: $375.00
Open to: Boys
born between: 06/01/2004 and 05/31/2013
In Grades: 1 to 8 for 2019-20 School year