REGISTER HERE for the 2022 BVL Boys Spring League.
We encourage you to check our FAQ page before proceeding with this registration: 2022 Spring FAQs
US LACROSSE: All registrants must have a valid US Lacrosse membership valid through May 31, 2022. This is a condition of our insurance provider, and a requirement for participation in BVL. This registration will redirect you to the US Lacrosse site first to obtain membership if necessary.
If you have any issues with US Lacrosse membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org-- this will not prevent your son from playing with us this spring. Membership cost is $30 annually.
TEAM ASSIGNMENTS: Parents will be notified of team placement, coaches, practice days and locations no later than Wednesday March 2nd. Practices will begin the week of March 14th.
TEAM FORMATION: Teams will be formed on the basis of GRADE and experience level.
Beginning players are welcomed and encouraged to play with us. They will be assigned to teams appropriate for their experience level.
Parents should read this page on our website for more details about how players are assigned to a specific team: BVL Team Formation
PRACTICES: Will begin the week of Monday March 14th. Most teams will practice at Manhattan Middle School or another location in Boulder.
Head coaches will determine practice days and location-- we cannot promise to assign players to a specific practice day or location. Teams will practice twice per week.
POTENTIAL GAME DATES: Home games are played at East Boulder Community Park and Manhattan Middle School in Boulder. All teams will travel for away games to locations including Arvada, Aurora, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Evergreen, Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor.
- Saturday April 2
- Saturday April 9
- Saturday April 16
- Sunday April 17
- Saturday April 23
- Saturday April 30
- Saturday May 7
- Saturday May 14
- Sunday May 15
- CYLA CHAMPIONSHIPS for all teams: Saturday May 21st and Sunday May 22nd. Teams will play on only one of the two dates.
SPRING BREAK: Some teams may choose to practice during BVSD Spring Break (March 21st- 25th). This will be determined by head coaches on a team by team basis.
GAME SCHEDULE: Game schedule will be released by the CYLA by Wednesday March 16th and emailed to parents at that time. Teams will be scheduled for 8 games total. Makeup games will not necessarily be scheduled in the event of games cancelled due to inclement weather.
UNIFORMS: All players will receive a new Boulder Lacrosse uniform as part of the registration cost. Our uniforms are American-made, in Denver, Colorado by Stylax Sportswear. Uniforms will be distributed directly to players at a practice in late March or early April, before the first game.
UNIFORM SIZING CHARTS:
UNIFORM SIZING SESSIONS: At this time, we are not planning on holding our traditional uniform sizing sessions due to Boulder County restrictions around indoor gatherings.
- Parents of new players should use the sizing chart above to make your best estimate on sizing. If in doubt, order in a larger size rather than smaller- particularly for jerseys, which must fit over shoulder pads.
- Parents of returning players should check sizing of last year's game jerseys and shorts before ordering or declining to order, as players commonly grow out of their previous year's uniform!
EQUIPMENT: Players must provide their own equipment. We have a very limited supply of equipment which may be available for loan to new players. Email email@example.com to inquire.
- Boys must have a boys lacrosse stick, helmet, gloves, shoulder and elbow pads, a cup, and a mouthguard.
- Hockey gear is acceptable for new players. Hockey helmets must have a 4 point strap and be NOCSAE approved. Hockey gloves are not recommended as they are too stiff for lacrosse use.
- We recommend Dick's Sporting Goods for lacrosse gear. See coupons for Dick's Sporting Goods on our website, and save the dates of February 25th- 28th for BVL Shop Days there. BVL members will save 20% on all in-store purchases then, not just on lacrosse gear. Click here for printable coupon: BVL Shop Days Flyer
COST: Boys registration fee is $375 through January 31st, and includes new uniform. Cost will increase $20 on February 1st.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: New uniform, Colorado Youth Lacrosse Association (CYLA) league fees, CYLA Championship tournament fees, referee costs, practice field rental and maintenance, team & league equipment (goals, balls, clocks, goalie equipment, etc.), coaching expenses, and program administrative costs.
WAIT-LISTED PLAYERS: Unpaid registrants will be wait-listed if payment is not received within 48 hours of registration. Team limits have been set for all grades in the system- once a grade is full, players will be automatically wait-listed and may not be guaranteed placement on a team. We DO NOT RECOMMEND that you delay registration or payment as teams in each grade will fill up.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships are available to qualified families, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a confidential request.
DONATIONS: Please consider making a donation on the online registration form. 100% of our donations are used to fund scholarships for BVL players. Boulder Valley Lacrosse is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, so your donation is tax-deductible.
QUESTIONS? Please check our FAQ page before contacting email@example.com
Base Cost: $375.00
Late date/fee: 02/01/2022$20.00
Open to: Boys
In Grades: K to 8 for 2021-22 School year